In this class You will:
- Improve the mobility and coordination needed keep yourself upright with the least amount of effort
- Learn what to pay attention to in order to maintain your balance
- Decrease muscle tightness and stiffness that can lead to falls or loss of balance
- Strengthen your sensory awareness and balance responses
- Enhance both relaxation and stability while building confidence
- These will be dynamic movement lessons done while sitting, lying down, and standing up. All while being guided to do only what you can do comfortably without force, and with help to modify movements as necessary, and while having fun.
Mondays, October 17- December 5, 9-10 am PST. Each class is recorded, so if you miss one you can make it up, and you have lifelong access to the class recordings.
About our Awareness Through Movement® (ATM) classes
These classes consist of slow and mindful movement sequences done on a padded surface on the floor, from the comfort of your own home. This approach lends itself well to an online format because you don’t need to watch or copy a teacher. Rather, you listen to gentle instructions and cues as you explore your own comfortable range of movement.
For these online classes, you need an area on the floor in your home where you can move comfortably. This can be on a carpet, blanket, or exercise mat. You need to position your device’s camera (computer, phone, tablet) so that your movement area is visible.
Why take an ATM class?
There are countless reasons and benefits, and these are our favorites:
- Meditation and mindfulness: A means to practice mindfulness through gentle movement explorations that deepen awareness of your body and breath.
- Pleasure: Movement lessons that interest your brain, open new neural pathways and bring about pleasurable sensations.
- Reduce stress, tension, and pain: The movement sequences and guided attention allow you to release habitual and even unconscious habits of muscular tension that do not serve you.
- Freedom of movement: Each lesson helps you discover new flexibility, grace, and alignment which carries through to all of your daily activities (including work, play, sitting, standing, and walking with ease).
Liability & Photo/Video/Audio Release: By registering, you are releasing Seth Paris from responsibility for any injuries that you may receive as a result of viewing the class. You are also consenting to Seth Paris recording the class and potentially using your image for any purpose; you are responsible for adjusting your own Zoom audio/video settings if you do not want your image recorded.
There are no reviews yet.